Tuesday 1 November 2011

Learning to Drink the Drink

There comes a time in every man's life where he has to admit that he may not know as much as he claims. If only certain historical figures would have admitted to this, life as we currently know it would be quite different. This thought occurred to me when I was in the company of not only a good friend, but a fellow employee. Under the belief that I had a good grasp on single malt scotches, I felt certain that I would be able to identify between a 40 dollar bottle and one that costed over 300. I will be the first to admit that this task is not easy for anyone, as it has fooled even the most distinguished scotch connoisseurs.


Needless to say, I failed miserably at the task at hand. How could this have happened? I had been drinking scotch for close to 20 years, and I felt that I had a deep understanding of this amazing drink. For this reason, and perhaps an excuse to go on a holiday, I booked a Central Glasgow hotel. I was not familiar with accommodations in Scotland, let alone the Luxury hotel Glasgow was known for. This was yet another topic I had to familiarize myself with while staying at my Central Glasgow hotel. While my stay in Scotland was very educational, I soon began to to realize that the more I know, the more I do not know. I dove into the world of scotch, going on tours, drinking nearly any single malt that I could get my hands on, and asking questions. Yet, perhaps I should have done more research into the different Luxury hotel Glasgow offers; they all looked wonderful. Perhaps the next time I visit Scotland I will have more time to become familiar with more than scotch, and you can rest assure that there will be a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment